Make your relationship a priority and your kids benefit..
If there is one thing that can throw a curve ball into your relationship, its kids..
Don’t get me wrong, kids are a great blessing and a great source of fun and laughter..
With kids around the house, no matter what their ages are, life get more complicated and busy!
So regardless where you find yourself currently, if you work on making your relationship a priority, your kids, what ever age they will reap the benefits.
Here’s a few ideas that may help.
1. Steal moments together- If you kids are young, its often difficult to find time to connect. Take advantage of bed time routines. Make it priority to sit together and have short discussions after they go to bed. Look for moments throughout your day, you’ll likely find there are more opportunities than you thought.
2. Give up the TV and internet once a week. Try it for one day a week
It will be amazing to see the positive effect, just by making a commitment once a week to priorities your relationship.
3. Declutter. If you want to give your relationship a boost, de-clutter the master bedroom.. Nothing kills a romantic moment when you are making your way to the bed, to only trip over piles of books, magazines and clothes on the floor. Spend some time this week making it a romantic haven.. The rest of the house can wait!
4. Go on dates. Ask family, friends or a responsible teenager. It may take some planning, but its worth the investment
5. Family time. Having family time is a good way creating lasting bonds for your relationship and family.