After being a couple’s counsellor for many years, this is what I have learnt about LOVEMonday, October 19th, 2015
When I first started out as a couple’s counselor, I didn’t know how to help couples move out of emotional pain and start to make positive changes in their relationship.
But as the years went on, and I ‘learned on the job’, I discovered there were some profound lessons to learn about love from working with lots of couples.
Here are the 10 things that I’ve learned about love over the years:
- No two couples are the same.
- While no two couples are the same, most couples fall into fairly predictable patterns.
- Attraction is totally unpredictable.
- Relationships that start with a bang often end with a bigger bang.
- There is no such thing as the perfect relationship.
- Your partner can’t fulfill all your needs.
- You have more than one soul mate (if you believe in that).
- Changing your relationship is hard work, but worth it.
- Relationships can be boring and ordinary at times, and that’s OK.
- The sex can get even better in a long-term relationship.
- FREE 15-minute phone consultation ..
- Based in the Wellington area..
Published on Monday, October 19th, 2015, under Relationship Advice